How to make Pad Thai with Instant Ramen Noodle
Here's my experience with Pad Thai: Pei Wei. That's about it, and I freaking love it! I'm not ashamed, this is a no judgement zone! I love that chewy texture of the noodles, the peanutty sauce, and that contrast of texture between the firm and soft tofu and those crunchy peanuts. Mmmm, my mouth is watering at the thought.
Needless to say, I had a serious craving for some Pad Thai, and with my tiny budget on the island, I went on a mission to makes something myself. Now, I'm not gonna call this a copy cat recipe, because it is no where near it! But! it did a dang good job of satisfying the craving. But first,
Let’s do some math.
Pei Wei's normal sized Pad Thai is $8.99 and has about two (2 cup) servings. That's $4.50 per serving. That's for their Veggie, Chicken, or Tofu styled.
When we broke down the price for our version, its $0.82 per serving!
So if you’re interested, let’s get started.
Instant Ramen Noodle Pad Thai
- Medium sauce pan
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1 Instant Ramen Noodles Packet
- 1 T Mixed Nuts (Almonds, Cashews, Macademia nuts)
- 1 1/2 tspn Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tspn Chicken Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Frozen Stir Fry Mixed Veggies (Snap Peas, Carrots, Broccoli, Sweet Peppers)
- 1 tspn Peanut Butter
- 2 lime wedge
- Cilantro for Garnish
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 1 (2 cup) servings.
- Add two cups of water to a medium sauce pan and set to boil.
- Add veggies, noodles, and 1/2 tspn of chicken seasoning that comes with packet. I only add 1/2 teaspoon beacause I feel it adds plenty of flavor and doesn't contain all of that sodium! Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Set the heat to low. Drain the liquid, except for about 1 Tablespoons, and add the soy sauce, juice from one lime wedge, and peanut butter, stirring constantly until well incorporated.
- Serve on a plate, garnish with chopped nuts, cilantro, and a lime. This can be just peanuts, but I like having the different textures of almonds, macadamia nuts, and cashews.
You know me with topping! Add some extra flavor by adding:
Finely Chopped Scallions
Red Pepper Flakes