Double Chocolate Chip Pizookie With Strawberry Ice Cream
The Best Valentine’s Dessert
Does anything sound better than a warm and indulgent double chocolate chip cookie topped with a fruity and refreshing scoop of strawberry ice cream. Nuthin! ‘cause chocolate and strawberries are soul mates and the perfect valentine flavor combo. That contrast between hot and cold, earthy and fruity, dense and creamy will have you craving for more of this aromatic cinnamon infused chocolate dessert.
We use country crocks margarine spread because it’s much cheaper than buying sticks of butter. It’s not a perfect substitute, because batters tend to be more runny when using margarine, but it’s easily fixed with a little extra flour. If you would like to use actual butter, start with 1 cup of flour.
I love the cinnamon in this recipe, it really gives the chocolate another layer of depth. If you have leftover I recommend having a slice with a cup of coffee, (eye literally rolling into my head) so good.
Strawberry Ice Cream
We made our own for this recipe. Heavy cream was on sale and I wanted to do a few different things with it like our Strawberries and Cream Chocolate Cups for valentines day. Make our homemade Strawberry Ice Cream, No Machine necessary! Just a couple of zip top bags and some vigorous shaking.
Double Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Pizookie With Strawberry Ice Cream
Total Time: 0 hour 45 minutes
Servings: 8 Servings.
Total Price: $5.18
Price Per Serving: $1.29
- Electric Mixer
- 1/2 cup margarine + 2 Tbspn
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tspn cinnamon
- 1/2 tspn baking soda
- 1/2 tspn kosher salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 Scoops Strawberry ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch cast-iron skillet or pie dish with 2 tablespoons of margarine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together margarine, granulate sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, beating until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing on low.
- Reserve a small handful of chocolate chips and fold in the rest into the batter. Pour the batter into the baking dish and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until the edges are crisp and the cookie is cooked through.
- Remove from oven. Serve warm topped with strawberry ice cream.
DON’T BE AFRAID TO GET CREATIVE WITH THE RECIPE! TAG US ON INSTAGRAM #SAVINGFLAVORS AND SHOW US WHAT YOU MADE!
I will be honored to feature your creations.